I am most excited to say that I stumbled across an old VB.NET boilerplate project that I had upgraded from my old XNA project and launched it in VB 2019!
At first everything looked liked errors, so I changed the target framework of the 2 projects to 4.7.2, then did a quick Clean & Rebuild on the solution.
Had one more error in my companion DLL project because it auto-detected the MG 3.7.1 libraries and KeyboardInput.vb was in both namespaces. I just changed the class name in my DLL to KAInput and it compiled.
Sent a KeyPress into a message box and - POOF - SUCCESS!
No idea how stable this will be, but so far, other than simply compiling, it's running the spritebatch, a bitmap spritefont (FPS counter), and detecting inputs. I'll call that a win!